2 January 2007 - GeoTools 2.3.0 release brings together a lot of great improvements made over the last year. The main focus of this release is improving the raster story for GeoTools. While plug-ins for a variety of rasters existed previously, all of them were memory constrained and not really suitable for real software.
GeoTools 2.3.0 is available for download at:
2.3.0 brings solid, scalable, fast support for ArcGrid, GeoTiff, GTOPO30, World Images and Image Mosaics and Pyramids. These are already in action in GeoServer 1.5.x, and will soon work their way into uDig (http://udig.refractions.net). In addition it offers:
- GeoAPI filter interfaces aligned with Filter 1.1 specification
- Completed providence review
- More relaxed PostGIS support, able to handle older varied configurations
- Scalar Vector Graphics "Marks" can be used as part of our SLD support
- Improved plug-in visibility
- Maven "archtype"
- Numerous small bug fixes and improvements
The following organizations, have contributed to this stable release: GeoSolutions for their RnD contributions appearing in this release, and OSGeo Foundation for their support during the incubation process.
- About GeoTools
GeoTools is an open source java GIS toolkit. Used for OGC based projects via GeoAPI interfaces. It includes two great SLD based renderers, raster access and reprojection. Plugins for Shapefile, ArcGrid, ArcSDE, Postgis, OracleSpatial, MySQL and many more.
For more information visit: