- Several UI settings such as the perspective bar location, fast view bar location, traditional vs. curvy tabs, etc., are controlled by preferences on the UI plug-in. These have default values defined by the generic workbench. However, the product can override these default values using the product preference customization mechanism.
- Define a product via the products extension point and add the following property:
- Then create a file called
plugin_customization.ini, in the same directory as the
plugin.xml file, with contents of the form:
- For example, to show the perspective bar and fast view bar on the left, and to use curvy tabs, add the following to the
- For a list of public preferences available on the UI plug-in and their valid values, see the interface org.eclipse.ui.IWorkbenchPreferenceConstants.
- For more details, see the Branding Your Application article and the Customizing a product section in Help.