Q 08: How does the Object Oriented approach improve software development? DC
A 08: The key benefits are:
Re-use of previous work: using implementation inheritance and object composition.
Real mapping to the problem domain: Objects map to real world and represent vehicles, customers,
products etc: with encapsulation.
Modular Architecture: Objects, systems, frameworks etc are the building blocks of larger systems.
The increased quality and reduced development time are the by-products of the key benefits discussed above.
If 90% of the new application consists of proven existing components then only the remaining 10% of the code
have to be tested from scratch.