Henry Blodget | May 17, 2012, 11:31 AM
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/secrets-to-facebooks-success-2012-5?op=1#ixzz1vOat0585
Eight years ago, Facebook was a coding project in Mark Zuckerberg's dorm room.
Now its a global business with $4 billion of revenue that is used by 1/8th of the world's population. And it's worth more than $100 billion.
When Facebook started, there were dozens of other social networks going after the same opportunity.
Facebook won. They lost.
Here are some reasons why--reasons that apply to almost every business.
1. Move fast. 快速行动/推进
2. Remember that ideas are a dime a dozen--it's all about execution. 有了想法, 还需要执行
3. Keep it simple (don't overbuild). 保持简单(不要过度建设)
4. Figure out what will kill you... and make sure it doesn't. 找出哪些是可能的致命点, 并预防
5. Make your primary focus the product, not the "business" or "shareholder value." 产品第一, 不是商业, 也不是股东利益
6. Get really really good at hiring... and really really good at firing. 擅长招人, 也擅长开人
7. Maintain control. 控制权
8. Don't endlessly "focus group"--just roll out new features and adapt to the screams. 不要止步于目标客户, 不停推出新功能并成为焦点 --- 用户不知道他们要什么
9. Cultivate smart advisors and learn everything you can from them. 聚集聪明的顾问并向他们学习
10. Grow skin as thick as a pachyderm's. 越成功的人受到的非议越多, 脸皮要厚?
11. If you ever think that you're done--you're done. 如果你觉得你已经搞定了, 那你就完了
12. Ignore Wall Street and other would-be deal-makers (unless you really want to make a deal). 别让那些...来烦你
13. Focus on the long term. 关注远景
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/secrets-to-facebooks-success-2012-5?op=1#ixzz1vOb2ypOD