It features high speed, structured data messages, and clearly defined roles for application developers and application administrators.
FTL can achieve low message latency with consistent performance.(latencies of 384 nanoseconds )
Fast than light: (FTL)
TIBCO FTL aims to support structured data at speeds significantly higher than existing technologies.
TIBCO FTL has an average application latency as low as 384 nanoseconds.That's nearly half the latency of its closest competitor.
- Breakthrough performance
- Performance benchmarks have demonstrated average end-to-end one-way application latencies of 384 nanoseconds for intra-host communication using shared memory transport and 3.1 microseconds using RDMA transport over InfiniBand.*
- Ground-up design(从头开始)
- TIBCO FTL has been designed from the ground-up to leverage breakthroughs in technology including multi-core processors
- Proven communication backbone支柱
- TIBCO FTL draws from this rich experience in building enterprise-ready high-performance solutions to deliver a robust, extreme low-latency messaging platform that natively integrates with TIBCO Rendezvous®.
- Self-describing data: By offering fully structured, self-describing data, TIBCO FTL avoids imposing any additional processing burden on application developers. Developers can focus on writing high-performance code that is less brittle and more maintainable.
- Content-based addressing: TIBCO FTL provides increased flexibility by providing native content-based addressing. With this, applications are no longer bound to a topic namespace, which can become rigid and inflexible over time. Content-based subscriptions provide increased flexibility by enabling developers to distribute data based on the content itself and filter data at the subscription level.
- Centralized administration: TIBCO FTL features powerful "out-of-band" centralized administration capabilities without any performance penalty. Administrators can define transports centrally and alter data distribution without changing a single line of code or involving application developers.
- Pluggable transports: TIBCO FTL offers the ability to choose from a wide range of transports based on data distribution and performance requirements. The underlying transports can be changed without requiring application downtime. TIBCO FTL supports shared memory transport for intra-host communication and RDMA (InfiniBand® and 10 Gigabit Ethernet), TCP or Reliable Multicast transports for inter-host communication.
- Independent transport bindings: TIBCO FTL enables applications to publish messages to multiple subscribers across a variety of transports with a single message publish, thereby delivering superior performance for broader data distribution.
- Seamless integration: With native TIBCO Rendezvous integration and first-class API support for C, Java and .NET, TIBCO FTL provides seamless integration with existing applications and messaging infrastructures.