Advice about migrating to new platfrom
Creating or migrating this to a new platform is complicated, because we are talking about hundreds of thousands of lines of code. Here is a strategy I use in consulting with companies to help them accomplish this:
1. Give workshops about Java in all flavors.
2. Give workshops about building code with XP and agile techniques.
3. Generate a master project to build all apps based on Scrum, some XP methods, and Kanban.
4. Build important core components such as security, login, menus, printing, and graphics.
5. Help them by providing weeks of consultation with no developing—they have to learn how to do it.
6. Answer small questions or address requirements to help resolve problems or doubts.
7. Be happy to see a happy customer.