Instructions to unbundle and configure GlassFish
To install and configure GlassFish you need to have JDK 5 installed on your system. The configuration processing depends on Ant (1.6.5). The bundle includes an Ant distribution that has been extended with tasks to facilitate developing Java EE 5 applications for the application server.
- Download one of the bundles to disk, set JAVA_HOME to JDK 5.
% java -Xmx256m -jar filename.jar
This command will unbundle GlassFish and create a new directory structure rooted under a directory named 'glassfish'.
% cd glassfish
- If you are using a machine with an operating system that is a derivative of UNIX(tm), set the execute permission for the Ant binaries that are included with the GlassFish bundle.
% chmod -R +x lib/ant/bin
% lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup.xml
OR for Windows:
% lib\ant\bin\ant -f setup.xml
For GlassFish V2 with Clustering supported installation, just change step 4 from the above installation
OR for Windows:
% lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup-cluster.xml
% lib\ant\bin\ant -f setup-cluster.xml
To get started with GlassFish, see the quick start guide.
See Configuring the Cluster/Load Balancer with GlassFish V2 for how to do the load balancing after creating Clusters on GlassFish V2.
Instructions to schedule and configure the auto-update feature
These steps assume that you have already unbundled and configured GlassFish.
- Change directory to where you have installed GlassFish.
- Go to the updatecenter/bin subdirectory.
- Run the updatecenter client script:
- The GlassFish Update Center dialog window will be displayed at this time. Click on the "Preferences" tab.
- To disable auto-update, set the "Update Schedule: Check for Updates" to "Never (Manual)".
- You can also schedule updates by setting the desired date and time.
For more information on data collection done by the auto-update feature, please visit the GlassFish Usage Metrics page.
The Open Sourcing Clustering features are included in this promotion.
Solaris SPARC Platform
Solaris x86 Platform
Source code for GlassFish is available in the bundle below. Some technologies are developed in other projects and only a binary version is available in the GlassFish project source tree. To find more information on where to find sources see this page.
posted on 2007-07-24 16:32 Derek.Guo
阅读(1065) 评论(0) 编辑 收藏